Nora is relational being who values authentic connections and relationships above all else. She is passionate about empowering clients in the discovery and celebration of their true selves. Nora became a world-traveler from a young age, traveling to all continents, and living in Argentina, Chile, Malaysia and now in the US. She earned a Masters in Somatic Counseling Psychology and is currently also an adjunct faculty at Naropa University. When she is not out exploring the world, you will often find her fiercely engaging in a social justice conversation.
1. What is your name? Nora Ahmed-Kamal
2. What is your nickname? Nori
3. Where did you grow up? Copenhagen, Denmark
4. What was your favorite class in school (k-grad school)? Art and Languages
5. Who was your favorite band growing up? I loved listening to my dad’s French and Comorian music such as Brel, Gainsbourg and Boul.
6. Name your 3 favorite jobs you’ve had? Therapist, Teacher at Naropa University, and Regional Director in world largest student organization, AIESEC, in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
7. What do you love doing more than anything else in the world? TRAVEL! As Danish author Hans Christian Andersen says “To travel is to live”. Having friends over for a meal. Jumping in the Boulder creek.
8. What’s your favorite food? What my mom cooks!
9. Chocolate or vanilla? call or text? Truth or dare? Without a doubt: Chocolate, call, and truth
10. Your greatest accomplishment: Traveling to all continents by the age of 19.
11. What do you know now that you wish you knew then? That suffering is part of the human experience.
12. What did you want to be when you grew up? A pilot!