BA (MA Candidate)
Chris is currently a master’s candidate in Naropa’s Mindfulness-Based Counseling program. He has been working in the mental health field for the last four years and has worked with clients in a vast array of situations. The bulk of his experience in this time has been working with developmental trauma, and severe depression. His mentorship work is gentle, client-centered, and trauma informed. He greatly enjoys his work and brings a strong authenticity to the relationship.
1. What is your name? Chris Cannon
2. What is your nickname? Haven’t had one in a long time.
3. Where did you grow up? Cincinnati, OH
4. What was your favorite class in school (k-grad school)? Psychology of Meditation with Dale Asrael at Naropa. She was a profound teacher.
5. Who was your favorite band growing up? Oh, that would have to be Bone Thugs’N Harmony.
6. Name your 3 favorite jobs you’ve had? Mental health caretaker, mentor, and DJ.
7. What do you love doing more than anything else in the world? Three way tie between dancing, traveling, and watching Harry Potter movies.
8. What’s your favorite food? Fresh mango.
9. Chocolate or vanilla? Chocolate.
10. Your greatest accomplishment: Moving to Boulder and setting up a stable and strong life for myself.
11. What do you know now that you wish you knew then? That psychotherapy can be extremely beneficial for everyone.
12. What did you want to be when you grew up? Astronaut.